MetaTrader on the MacOS
Does MetaTrader 4/5 work on Mac computers?
In a word, yes. Although the MetaTrader programs are designed to operate on Windows terminals, there are a few ways to run them on Macs.
How do I use MetaTrader 4/5 on a Mac?
Here are a few different methods to use MetaTrader 4/5 on a Mac terminal:
- Download our version of MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 for MacOS;
- Use our VPS service;
- Use BootCamp. This service allows MacOS users to run windows programs;
- Use a virtual terminal. Some examples include VirtualBox, VMWare and Parallels Desktop. (*Please note that EBH cannot provide technical support for third-party software. Clients use third-party software at their own risk.)
- Use PlayOnMac. We recommend clients following the official instructions here.
How do I download and install MetaTrader on my Mac?
Please click here, to download the Mac versions of our MetaTrader programs.
- Then select the version of MetaTrader you’d like to download (MT4/5).
- Then select the operating system (MacOS) and click ‘download’.
Once downloaded, run the program (.dmg file) and follow the onscreen instructions.
Which versions of the MacOS do you support?
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- OS X 10.7 Lion
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.13 High Sierra
Why do trading signals not work on MetaTrader for MacOS?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to use the Signals service on the MacOS. This is because EBH uses a software called Wine to run MetaTrader on the MacOS. Wine does not support Internet Explorer, which is the key program the Signals service uses.
Do Expert Advisors function normally on a Mac?
Unfortunately, not always. It is a good idea to check with the developer of your preferred Expert Advisor before you try to install it.
‘File can’t be opened’ – What should I do?
If you come across the mistake ‘File can’t be opened’, please execute the steps below to rectify the problem.
- Go to Finder → Apps → and find EUBrokerageHouseMT4.app / EUBrokerageHouseMT5.app
- Hold CTRL and click on the program
- In the additional menu, choose ‘Open’
- To run the program, press ‘Open’
Attention! You only need to complete this process ONCE!